Are you a K-3 educator or therapist who has worked with children with special needs? Have you created lessons and educational materials for students and resources for teachers and parents? Do you like to share your educational perspectives on blogs, twitter, facebook, and other social media outlets? Are you a skilled writer with a clear, precise, and professional style? Have you worked alongside resource specialists, speech and language pathologists, behavior therapists, or occupational therapists to improve student access to an inclusive classroom?
If you have answered yes to most of these questions, we want to hear from you!
We are an eclectic group of game designers, educators, and parents, with a commitment to empower children with special needs to learn independently. We are looking for a coconspirator to develop complimentary learning materials for students, teachers and parents to pair with our assistive and play-based learning apps for the iPad.
· 2 – 5 years experience writing and testing multi-sensory lessons and curriculum for early elementary students. Your own classroom or therapeutic experience is preferred over having worked for a big publisher.
· 1-2 years of experience using an iPad to facilitate learning.
· 2-5 years of working with children with special needs in an inclusive or therapeutic environment.
· K-3 Math and English Language Arts
As the K-3 resource materials writer and teacher ally you will:
· Apply Common Core State Standards to your curriculum design.
· Conceive, plan, design, and create resource materials for parents and teachers.
· Test the materials you create with children and incorporate feedback from teachers and parents to improve their design.
· Publish resource materials and share them using FB, Twitter, and other social media outlets.
· Be mindful of, and commit to improving the learning experience of children.
· Develop a project plan to create and deliver resource materials on time and in conjunction with our app releases.
· Commit to working 20 hours per week.
· Participate in weekly in-person meetings on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “K-3 Resource Materials Writer and Teacher Ally
To be considered for the part-time position, you should include:
· A writing sample. Samples can include a lesson plan or activity in word, pdf, or a link to a blog post.
· Links to 3 of your favorite education blogs or websites and the reasons why you like them.
· A description of what you have learned while working on behalf of children with special needs.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
LocoMotive Labs is an equal opportunity employer.